250 IDPS COULD BE PROVIDED WITH HOUSING FOLLOWING A DECISION OF THE COMMISSION ON DISTRIBUTION OF SUBVENTIONS TO LOCAL BUDGETS
Today, on March 3, 2020, the Ministry for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine held a meeting of the Commission for the consideration of lists of facilities and activities that can be funded by a subvention from the state budget to local budgets for the implementation of measures to support territories adversely affected by the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine.
Recall that for these purposes, the State Budget for 2020 provides UAH 20 million.
Out of 31 submitted and considered applications from local councils, the Commission approved 15, each of which provides for the purchase of housing for temporary use by internally displaced persons.
Thus, the funds are distributed among Mykolaiv City Council of Petropavlivsk district of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Bakhmut and Siversk City Councils of Bakhmut district, Dobropilsk, Lyman, Sloviansk, Avdiivka, Pokrovsk and Mariupol City Councils of Donetsk Oblast, Yakymivka City Council, Orikhivka, Primorsk and Berdiansk City Councils of Zaporizhzhia Oblast as well as Horodotsk and Drohobych City Councils of Lviv Oblast.
Such decision of the Commission will allow to purchase approximately 55 apartments, 3 residential buildings and provide temporary housing for about 250 IDPs in the indicated regions.
The rest of the applications will be updated and considered again in case of allocation of additional funds from the State budget for these purposes.
When considering proposals from local governments, the Commission was guided by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, which regulates the Procedure and conditions for granting subventions, as well as by the Regulations of MTOT, the successor of which is the Ministry for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine.
Paragraph 3 of the Subvention Procedure and Conditions defines a list of measures, in particular:
- construction, reconstruction and overhaul of housing facilities of communal property, including social facilities, for the provision of housing for internally displaced persons;
- reconstruction, overhaul of housing facilities of communal property for providing housing for internally displaced persons in temporary use;
- acquisition of housing for the temporary use by internally displaced persons;
- purchase of equipment and software for registration and issuance of the passport of the citizen of Ukraine with contactless electronic carrier and the passport of the citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad with contactless electronic carrier for the centres of administrative services, located in settlements near the entry/exit check points in order to simplify access to administrative services for the population living in settlements located on the contact line, and in separate settlements of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, on territory of which state bodies temporarily do not exercise their authority.
Paragraph 4 of the Subvention Procedures and Conditions defines the basic conditions for granting subventions:
- financing of the aforementioned measures, the realization period of which is not longer than one year;
- co-financing of activities from the local budget in the amount of at least 30%;
- availability of project documentation approved in accordance with the requirements of the Procedure for approval of construction projects and their expertise approved by Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No.560 dated from May 11, 2011.
The Government has recently adopted amendments to the main condition of granting the state subvention: it is implemented on the terms of co-financing from the local budget of 70/30%, that is, most of the expenses are covered by the state subvention (as opposed to the previous proportion - 50/50%).