TO THE ATTENTION OF LOCAL GOVERNMENTS OR CIVIL-MILITARY ADMINISTRATIONS, REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIONS, MASS MEDIA, NGOS, INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND IDP INITIATIVE ASSOCIATIONS
The Ministry for Reintegration informs on the consideration of proposals for lists of facilities and activities that can be implemented at the expense of the state subvention in 2020 and 2021.
One of the main needs of internally displaced persons remains the need to address the housing issue.
In order to increase the capacity of the local governments/civil-military administrations to provide IDPs with temporary housing, the state envisages the provision of subventions for the implementation of measures to support territories adversely affected by the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine.
Therefore, by Article 2 of the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers No.582 "On approval of the procedure for the formation of housing funds for temporary residence of internally displaced persons and the procedure for the free provision of housing from housing funds for temporary residence of internally displaced persons" dated from June 26, 2019, local governments/civil-military administrations, it is recommended to provide funds in the relevant local budgets for the formation of housing funds for temporary residence of IDPs, taking into account the need to provide such housing.
The subvention is implemented jointly with local budgets in accordance with the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 769 "On approval of the procedure and conditions for provision of subventions from the state budget to local budgets for measures to support territories adversely affected by the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine" dated from October 4, 2017.
Let us note that in order to expand the scope of subventions not only in the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, by the Order the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 820 dated from July 11, 2018, the Article 3 of the Procedure and conditions amended the scope of subventions to all regions of Ukraine in the implementation of the right of internally displaced persons to temporary housing.
The subvention is directed to:
- construction, reconstruction, major repairs of communal facilities, including social facilities for the provision of housing to internally displaced persons;
- reconstruction and major repairs of housing and communal facilities for the purpose of providing internally displaced persons with temporary housing;
- acquisition of housing for the temporary use of internally displaced persons;
- purchase of equipment and software for registration and issuance of the passport of the citizen of Ukraine with contactless electronic carrier and the passport of the citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad with contactless electronic carrier for the centers for provision of administrative services in settlements located near the entry/exit check points to simplify access to administrative services for the population living in settlements located on the contact line and in certain settlements of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, in which state authorities temporarily do not exercise their powers.
Article 4 of the Subvention Procedures and Conditions defines the following basic conditions for granting subventions:
- financing of the aforementioned measures, the implementation period of which shall not exceed one year;
- co-financing of measures from the local budgets in the amount of at least 30 percent;
- availability of project documentation approved in accordance with the requirements of the Procedure for approval of construction projects and their expertise approved by the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 560 dated from May 11, 2011.
Therefore, the Ministry for Reintegration calls for more active participation and invites regional state administrations, mass media, NGOs, international humanitarian organizations and IDP initiative associations to cooperate in the relevant information and advocacy campaign.
Proposals for the lists of facilities and activities shall be made to the Ministry for Reintegration in writing to the address: 1, Lesia Ukrainka Sq., Kyiv, 01196 and electronically to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information on the facilities and activities specified in the list, provided as a sample: https://bit.ly/2C7c9Qt.
Contact number for consultations in the Ministry for Reintegration:
(044) 536-92-52 - Department for Social and Humanitarian Policy and Internally Displaced Persons.