RESOLUTION OF THE CABINET OF MINISTERS REGULATES THE CROSSING OF THE EECP ON THE HUMANITARIAN GROUNDS IN CASE THEIR WORK WILL BE RESTRICTED
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at its meeting on November 25 regulated by its resolution all humanitarian grounds for crossing the EECP in case their work will be restricted.
Therefore, it is stated that the EECPs on the administrative line with the Crimean Peninsula and in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts will work 24/7.
However, the work of EECP on the administrative line with the Autonomous Republic of Crimea may be temporarily suspended by decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine in accordance with the law.
The work of EECPs in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts may be temporarily suspended by decision of the Commander of the Joint Forces Operation.
An exception is a situation where there is a threat to the life and health of persons on the EECP, as well as phenomena, trends, and factors that may make it impossible or hinder the work of the EECP. In such cases, the decision to limit the work of the EECP can be made by the head of the state border guard service, whose area of responsibility is the check point, but not for more than 72 hours.
At the same time, for the duration of the temporary restriction of EECP's work, exit from and entry into the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine may be carried out immediately in the presence of humanitarian grounds. Namely:
1. in case of return to the place of residence of Ukrainian citizens and members of their families whose place of residence is registered in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or Sevastopol city in accordance with the procedure established by law, as well as their vehicles, cargo and other property for entry into the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine;
2. in case of return of the person to his/her place of residence when crossing the contact line;
3. in case of return to the place of residence of Ukrainian citizens and members of their families whose place of residence is registered outside the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or Sevastopol city or whose actual place of residence/stay according to the IDP certificate is located outside Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol city, as well as their vehicles, cargo and other property for exit from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine;
4. for the purpose of family reunification, in particular in the case of joint travel of family members if there are grounds for crossing the check point for at least one family member, then other family members are also allowed to cross the check point. Parents (one parent) shall be allowed to cross the check point if the children are on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine or on another part of the territory of Ukraine separately from their parents (one parent);
5. in case of a serious illness or death of close relatives;
6. in case of necessity to provide medicines and medical devices or undergo treatment in the presence of severe and/or chronic diseases (in particular, insulin-dependent diabetes, cancer, need for antiretroviral, tuberculosis therapy);
7. in case of exit from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine of a person who has documents confirming the right to permanent or temporary residence in another state;
8. crossing of the check point by a child under the age of 16, accompanied by one of the parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees or other legal representatives, or accompanied by other persons authorized by one of the parents (adoptive parents), guardians, trustees or other legal representatives, with a view to the issuance to the child of identity documents confirming the citizenship of Ukraine;
9. crossing of the check point by persons for the purpose of visiting an educational institution for training, vocational training, state final attestation (in particular in the form of EIT), qualification certification of applicants for professional (vocational) education, entrance examinations conducted with the use of organizational and technological processes, the implementation of external independent evaluation, conduct of preparatory activities for vocational training at the workplace, laboratory work and training, certification of higher education and relevant preparatory activities, obtaining documents on education, participation in the educational process related to adult education, in the case of provision of supporting documents;
10. in order to ensure the protection of national interests or in connection with the implementation of international obligations by representatives of foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices and representative offices of international organizations in Ukraine (with the allowance of their vehicles, cargo and other property to cross);
11. with the purpose of acceptance of the inheritance;
12. in the presence of other cases when there is reason to believe that the situation requires a person to immediately cross the check point in any direction on humanitarian grounds or in order to prevent a threat to the life and health of the person and/or violation of his rights (in particular in the case of political persecution of a person on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine).
The presence of humanitarian grounds should be documented whenever possible.