NEW SANCTIONS AGAINST RUSSIA INITIATED BY MTOT: PORTS, DEFENSE ENTERPRISES, ILLIGAL EXCAVATIONS, KERCH BRIDGE, TITANIUM PRODUCTION
18.12.2018 | 17:05
On December 18, 2018, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine submitted a proposal to the National Security and Defense Council on the application of a number of sanctions against legal entities and individuals.
According to the decree, restrictive measures (sanctions) apply to a number of individuals and entities that create real or potential threats to the national interests of Ukraine, violate the interests of society and the state, lead to property losses, create obstacles to the full realization of the rights and freedoms of citizens of Ukraine. Namely they apply to:
- up to 23 individuals who were involved in illegal archaeological searches on objects of cultural heritage or participated in events aimed at legitimizing the illegal occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol;
- to some Russian enterprises and enterprises from European countries, which provide activity of "Titanium Investments" Ltd. in the city of Armiansk in the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
- up to 14 legal entities involved in the supply of materials, equipment and services for of defense industry plants in the temporarily occupied territories;
- to some legal entities involved in the organization of transportation through the ports "Temriuk", "Kavkaz" and Kerch ferry;
- to some individuals who are the directors / founders of legal entities involved in illegal construction of a transport passage across the Kerch Strait.
The introduction of sanctions against all involved legal entities and individuals will make economic relations with Ukraine impossible, will limit or terminate economic relations with the EU and the US, which will further facilitate the return of the occupied territories to the legal field of Ukraine.