A MEETING OF THE COMMISSION ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE STATE SUBVENTIONS TO THE LOCAL BUDGETS FOR PROVIDING SUPPORT TO THE ADVERSELY AFFECTED TERRITORIES BY THE ARMED CONFLICT IN THE EAST OF UKRAINE WAS HELD AT THE MINISTRY FOR VETERANS AFFAIRS
The Ministry for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine held a meeting of the Commission on reviewing the lists of objects and activities that can be realized at the expense of the subvention from the state budget to local budgets for carrying out activities to support the territories that were adversely affected by the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as «Commission»).
The renewed composition of the Commission is headed by Ruslan Kalinin, an Adviser of the Minister for Veterans Affairs and a public activist on the protection of the rights of internally displaced persons.
It is important to note that the meeting was an open one for the first time - People’s Deputies of Ukraine, representatives of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Human Rights, Deoccupation and Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories in Donetsk, Luhansk Regions and Autonomous Republic of Crimea, National Minorities and Interethnic Relations were invited to the meeting as well as international humanitarian organizations.
The Ministry actively cooperates with regional state administrations, local authorities, representatives of NGOs to assist territories that have been adversely affected and provide housing for internally displaced persons. Employees of the Ministry are constantly consulting and clarifying the conditions for the provision of the subvention.
Due to the established cooperation and financial opportunities of the communities, as of November 14, 2019, the Ministry received 20 proposals from local authorities of Zhytomyr, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Lviv, Vinnitsia, Ternopil, Odesa, Dnipropetrovsk Oblasts.
Recall that the Law of Ukraine «On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2019» under the budget program «Subvention from the state budget to local budgets for the implementation of activities to support the territories that were adversely affected by the armed conflict in the East of Ukraine» provides for development costs totalling 34 million UAH under execution of MTOT.
By the Order of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from July 5, 2019 No.488, the distribution of subventions from the state budget to local budgets totalling 18 839 999 UAH has already been approved, in particular for:
- acquisition of 59 apartments on the proposals of five local authorities (Mariupol, Sloviansk, Donetsk Oblast; Berdiansk, Prymorska united territorial community of Zaporizhzhia Oblast);
- reconstruction of a public facility (the former kindergarten in Troitske) into a 12 apartmentsresidential building (Efremivka, Kharkiv Oblast).
- acquisition of 4 sets of equipment for 4 cities (Zvanivkaunited territorial community, Konstiantynivka; Kurakhovo, Donetsk Oblast; Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk Oblast).
Also, a draft bill on the allocation of funds for the purchase of housing on the secondary market for Zhytomyr totalling 1 866 700 UAH is being negotiated. (The acquisition of 6 apartments on the secondary market to provide housing for internally displaced persons).
In other words, the balance of unallocated funds at the beginning of the meeting of the Commission was totalling 13 293 301 UAH.
When considering proposals from local authorities, the Commission was guided by a Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine that resolve the Procedure and Conditions for theprovision of subvention, as well as the Regulation on MTOT, the legal successor of which is the Ministry for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily OccupiedTerritories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine.
The priority criteria for the distribution of subventions is the price per 1 sq. meter for the acquisition, construction, reconstruction, major repairs of communal facilities and the number of internally displaced persons who will be provided with such housing.
In the case of the same price and the number of internally displaced persons who will be provided with such housing, an additional criterion for the distribution of the subvention is the percentage of internally displaced persons in the territorial community relative to the total number of its residents.
Based on the results of the meeting, the Commission approved the allocation of funds for 10 applications from local authorities, ones that correspond to the Procedure and conditions of the subvention totalling 13 million UAH, which will be announced to applicants in the near future.
Article 3 of the Procedure and conditions of the subvention defines a list of measures, in particular:
- construction, reconstruction, major repairs of communal facilities, including social facilities for provision of housing for internally displaced persons;
- reconstruction, major repair of communal facilities for temporary use by internally displaced persons;
- acquisition of ownership of housing for temporary use by internally displaced persons;
- the acquisition of equipment and software for issuing passports of citizens of Ukraine with contactless chip and passports for traveling abroad with contactless chip for Administrative Service Centres located in settlements near entry/exit checkpoints in order to simplify access to administrative services for the civilians living in settlements located on the contact line and different areas of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast, in the territory of which state authorities temporarily do not exercise their powers.
Article 4 of the Procedure and conditions of the subvention defines fundamental conditions for the provision of the subvention:
- co-funding of activities from the local budget totalling not less than 30 percent;
- the availability of project documentation approved in accordance with the requirements of the Procedure for approving construction projects and conducting their examination, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from May 11, 2011 No.560.
Recently, the Government adopted amendments to the main conditions for providing the state subvention: it is implemented on the basis of co-funding from the local budget 70/30 percent; the majority of the costs are covered by the state subvention (as opposed to the previous proportion - 50/50 percent).