THE GOVERNMENT RESUMED PROVISION OF SOCIAL ASSISTANCE TO PERSONS ILLEGALLY DEPRIVED OF PERSONAL FREEDOM DUE TO THE ARMED AGGRESSION OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
On July 1, 2020, the Government made amendments to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On amendments to Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 328 dated from April 18, 2018 and No. 1122 dated from December 11, 2019".
“The adoption of these amendments will allow to launch the work of the interdepartmental commission for consideration of issues related to the recognition of persons as deprived of their personal freedom due to the armed aggression against Ukraine and implementation of measures aimed at their social protection and resume direction in which funds are being utilized,” emphasized Ihor Yaremenko Deputy Minister for Reintegration of the Temporary Occupied Territories of Ukraine.
By the decision to support the initiative to pay scholarships to Kremlin prisoners, the Government once again demonstrates that Ukraine is a state governed by the rule of law and takes care of its citizens wherever they are, Yaremenko added.
The adoption of the decision will allow to direct budget funds to:
· Financial assistance to persons deprived of personal freedom, to ensure the provision of professional legal aid (including measures aimed to ensure its availability), in the near future up to 25 families will be able to obtain such assistance;
· Financial assistance to persons released from captivity, in the near future such assistance will be available up to 25 families;
· Payment of State Scholarships named after Levko Lukyanenko, in the near future payments of scholarships to 17 fellows will continue;
· Ensure the implementation of measures for psychological rehabilitation, social and professional adaptation of persons;
· Implement measures for the reintegration of the residents of the temporarily occupied territories.
Since the period of existence of the budget program aimed at protection and support of political prisoners of the Russian Federation and members of their families, measures have been taken to reintegrate the residents of the temporarily occupied territories, the payment of State Scholarships named after Levko Lukyanenko 2018-2020, and financial assistance (UAH 100 000) to ensure the provision of professional legal aid (including measures aimed to ensure its availability) have received:
- In 2018, 77 families of persons deprived of personal freedom,
- In 2019, 80 families of persons deprived of personal freedom,
As persons released from captivity in 2019, 35 persons received financial assistance (UAH 100 000) and 65 persons in 2020.
The State Scholarships named after Levko Lukyanenko is awarded to 17 persons, and its payments are made during the period of illegal detention, retention and for one year after release. The payment of the State scholarship to a person released from among the aforementioned persons is made within one year. State scholarships are awarded in the amount of three subsistence minimum for able-bodied persons.