THE FIRST CERTIFICATES OF COMBATANT WERE HANDED OVER TO VOLUNTEERS IN THE MINISTRY FOR VETERANS AFFAIRS
According to the decision of the Commission of the Ministry for Veterans Affairs, the first submitted packages of documents were considered and decisions were made to grant the status of combatant to members of volunteer formations that were not included in the official force units.
Here is the list of those who received the status of combatant today:
1. Pavlo Dolinsky, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)
2. Vitalii Polonnikov, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)
3. Kateryna Priymak, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)
4. Oleh Rybalchenko, Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN)
5. Mykyta Fundurat, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)
6. Volodymyr Andrushechko, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)/ Ukrainian Volunteer Army
7. Taras Lichko, Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN)/ Ukrainian Volunteer Army
8. Volodymyr Musiak "Pirat", Ukrainian Volunteer Army
9. Oleksandr Snisar, Voluntary Ukrainian Corps (DUK)
10. Dmitro Zbanatskyi, Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN)
11. Andrii Herhert "Cherven", Ukrainian Volunteer Army
“We presented the first certificates of combatants to these Heroes. There are more than a hundred more packages of documents in processing of the Commission. This process cannot be stopped anymore. I started my work at the Ministry on this issue. I am glad that we have finished it, though on the last day of my tenure. Expressing my gratitude. First of all to these guys - You are our Heroes,” said Oksana Koliada, Minister for Veterans Affairs, Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons.
She also spoke about the path that had to be taken to make today's event possible. After all, the status of combatant was given today under a new law, which was adopted in the end of last year.
“There was an unbreakable wall in front of us that no one could overcome for 4 years. There was not enough political will, perseverance, knowledge of lobbying tools and more. But when the Ministry was only on paper, we were already actively working together with NGOs and the volunteers themselves on this issue. Today is March 3, 2020. The 6th year of the war is coming to an end. We honour the volunteers by handing them the status of a combatant,” said the Minister.